Strathaven Striders is a friendly and sociable running club based in Strathaven in South Lanarkshire. Our members include beginners about to attempt their first 10K through to veteran Ultra Runners and Ironman triathletes. Whatever your interest in running we are sure that you will find others with similar interests in the club.
You are welcome to join us for some exercise, chat and fun. Simply come along to one of our regular training sessions detailed below.
We train regularly during the week at the following times:
- Monday 7pm – Social Run – meet in Playground/Courtyard of Strathaven Academy with Coach Donald Maclean
- Tuesday 5pm – Junior Section – Rugby Club with Coaches Gail Mercer and Julie Bell
- Tuesday 7pm – Beginners/Intermediate/Advanced – meet in Playground/Courtyard of Strathaven Academy with Coaches Ian Pitt, Donald Maclean, Doreen Mackay Graham Laird, Ruth Ward-Cox and Zoe Waugh
- Wednesday 7pm – Beginners/Intermediate – meet in Playground/Courtyard in Strathaven Academy with Coaches Doreen Mackay, Julie McCulluch and Ian Pitt
- Wednesday 7:30pm – Advanced Group – meet in Playground/Courtyard of Strathaven Academy with Coach Craig Hamilton
- Thursday 6am – Social Run (45 mins)– meet at Sainsbury’s Car Park with Coach Julie McCulloch
- Thursday 7pm – Core Training/Circuits – January to March meet at Avendale Church, from April meet in Playground/Courtyard of Strathaven Academy with Coaches Julie McCulloch, Ian Pitt, Doreen Mackay and Donald Maclean (4 week rotation)
If you would like to join us simply come along to one of our training sessions or drop us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org